The Board of Directors of the Society hereby gives notice that the Annual General Meeting of the Society will be held at Vancouver, BC at 7:00 pm on the 23rd day of February, 2017, at UBC HILLEL: The Diamond Centre for Jewish Campus Life, 6145 Student Union Boulevard, Vancouver, British Columbia for the following purposes:
1. to approve the minutes from the last annual general meeting;
2. to receive the financial statements of the Foundation for the period ended August 31, 2016;
3. to receive the report of the Directors to the Members;
4. to elect the Directors (see attached);
5. to replace the by-laws pursuant the Societies Act RSBC 2016 by passing the following special resolution:
RESOLVED as special resolutions that:
1. the current Bylaws of the Society be deleted in their entirety and that the form of Bylaws attached hereto as Schedule A (click here for a copy) be adopted as the Bylaws of the Society in substitution for, and to the exclusion of, the existing Bylaws of the Society, with effect upon the electronic filing of a Transition Application with the BC Registrar of Companies, on or after November 28, 2016; and
2. the directors of the Society be authorized and directed to sign all documents and take all actions that are necessary or desirable in carrying out the transition of the Society under the Societies Act and the replacement of the Bylaws;
6. to transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting.
DATED the 2nd day of February, 2017.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Paul Becker, Secretary
Nomination of Directors
The by-laws of Hillel BC Society provide for no less than seven and no more than 15 directors of the society.
The following individuals are nominated to be directors of the Society and are unanimously endorsed by the Board of Directors for the terms listed below:
For a Term of Two years:
Eric Andrew (incumbent)
Paul Becker (incumbent)
Yair Tabenkin (incumbent)
Sany Penn (incumbent)
February 23, 2017
The Diamond Centre for Jewish Campus Life
6145 Student Union Blvd, Vancouver, BC